I’ve been thinking about Christmas gifts since it’s almost the beginning of October. What would make a great stocking stuffer for an electronics hobbyist or professional? Take a look at this kit with me and see what you think. If you’re looking for a gift to give or receive (hint) this review has some things to consider.
This XOOL 80 in 1 Precision Set has 58 bits made of S2 steel. If you have read our other reviews on precision screwdrivers you will notice that most sets are made of chrome vanadium. S2 steel is harder than chrome vanadium, but it is more prone to shattering. In addition to the 58 bits it has a utility knife, Anti-Static tweezers, Anti-Static Wrist Strap, SIM card ejector pin, LCD Suction Cup, Triangle plectrum, plastic spudgers, metal spudgers, SIM card shells, a Magnetizing and demagnetizing tool, etc. It also has a Special Phillips and Y-tip Screwdriver for removing the screws from the middle plate of an iPhone. Like many other sets it has a magnetic driver, which keeps screws nearby, and a flexible shaft for those hard to reach screws. All of this is wrapped up in a nicely designed bag for storage and portability.
- 1x Utility Knife: Cut, scrape and clean.
- 1x Anti-Static Wrist Strap: Protect precision electronic components from harmful static electricity.
- 1x Larger Suction Cup: For removing the screen
- 3x Metal Double-sided Spudger: For when plastic just doesn’t cut it
- 2x Black Plastic Spudger: Can be used to open the mobile phone back shell.
- 4x Blue Plastic Tools: Can be used to open the mobile phone back shell.
- 3x ESD Tweezers: Precision tweezers for handling small wires, screws, and reaching where your fingers can’t.
- 1 x Ultra-thin steel tool: Great for opening enclosures, small components, opening ZIF connectors, and soldering applications.
- 2x Triangle Paddle: Can be used to open the mobile phone back shell.
- 1x 6 Inch Metal Ruler: Makes measuring parts easy!
- 1x SIM card ejector pin: Easily open/remove/eject the SIM card tray
- 1 x 1/4” to 4mm Driver Adapter
- 1 x Flexible Shaft Extension: snake into hard to reach places.
- 1 x Solid Shaft Extension: Perfect for electronics where the handle is hard to get.
- 1 x Magnetized Driver Handle
- Nut Driver sizes: 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5 mm
- Hex sizes: 0.7, 0.9, 1, 1.3, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4 mm
- Pentalobe sizes: 0.8 1.2 mm
- Square sizes: SQ0, SQ1
- Torx sizes: T3, T4, T5, T6, T7
- Torx Security: TR8, TR9, TR10, TR15, TR20 (compatible with non-security)
- Tri-point sizes: 2.0, 3.0 mm
- Phillips: PH000, PH00, PH0, PH1, PH2
- Triangle sizes: 2.0, 2.3 mm
- Flathead sizes: 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4 mm
- Pozidriv: PZ000, PZ00, PZ0, PZ1, PZ2
- SIM Eject Bit: 1mm
- Y-tip size: 0.6mm: for iPhone 7 and 7Plus & iPhone X
- Special Phillips size:1.5mm for remove the iPhone Middle Plate ‘s screws
High quality. Worth the money. Has everything you need for your small electronics projects. I would highly recommend as a Christmas gift.
- Tools are high quality and durable
- Great for laptops and smartphone repair
- Worth the money
- Some customers have complained about the quality of the bits
In summary, the XOOL 80 in 1 Precision set is highly rated and durable. This quality set would make a great stocking stuffer. If you can’t wait until then, perhaps a trick or treat bag?